To decrease costs and increase efficiency, Information Technology has developed this online reference guide for the management of IT resources on the University of Houston campus.
- Establish a protocol to ensure the safety and security of EDP resources
- Establish prescribed minimum standards of security for computer hardware, software, and access security
- Describe assessment and analysis of risk related to the loss of data.
If your issue or question is not answered, please contact the
IT Support Center at 713-743-1411.
The following are recommended for each College or Division.
- Departmental procedures for the self-assessment and analysis of risk.
- Departmental policies and procedures for the administration of EDP and Microcomputing resources.
- Departmental policies and procedures regarding the purchase of computer hardware and software. Departmental software purchasing procedures should be developed to ensure that all software is properly licensed.
- Security access controls for all departmental computer resources.
- Back-up and record retention procedures for financial and research data.
- Disaster recovery plans for all financial and research data.
IT is available for consultation upon request.