Testing the Recovery Plan
Reviewed: January 8, 2010
To ensure that the Recovery Plan is current, effective, and executable, a department must regularly test the Recovery Plan.
- Consider using a software application to assist with the process.
- Create schedules and budgets for update and maintenance activities.
- Define goals and objectives of the test.
- Define program status, reporting and audits.
- Select testing method(s).
- Conduct exercises.
- Evaluate exercises.
- Update the plan, as required.
- Schedule next testing exercise.
NOTE: To assist you with this process, you may:
The following links can be found on the UH Plant Operations web site: Environmental Health & Risk Management, "Business Continuity Planning"