McAfee VirusScan for Mac 9.6 (Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.9)
McAfee VirusScan for Mac 9.6.0 protects your Mac from viruses, spyware, trojan horses, and other malware threats.
• Anti-spyware protection — Protects the Mac from spyware threats.
• On-access Scan — Scan files and folders whenever users access them.
• Performance improvements for On-demand-Scan (ODS) — Completes scan files and folders faster with less resource.
• Quarantine — Quarantine malware items (or suspected malware-like behavior) so that they can't be opened or executed.
• Schedule Scan — Define schedules to scan files and folders on local and mounted volumes.
• Separate regular expression based exclusion for on-access scan and on-demand scan.
• Scan network volume, compressed files, and emails.
• McAfee menulet for easy access — Access the McAfee menulet ￼ to launch the McAfee VirusScan for Mac Console, McAfee VirusScan for Mac Preferences, and the About McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac dialog box.
• Dashboard — View the security status of your Mac, scheduled scan tasks, latest events, and the anti-malware update details.
• History of events — View all anti-malware events.
• Notifications — McAfee Notification displays:
• Detection of malware (resulting from on-access scan)
1. Download and install McAfee 9.6.
2. Download and install the McAfee Patch.