Lync for Mac 14.07
Refer to UH IT Get Help page for more information: http://www.uh.edu/lync
Warning: Mavericks users should use Lync for Mac v14.05, which is available on the software.uh.edu site. If a user upgrades from 10.8 to 10.9 the GAL files remain, but don’t update. A fresh install of 10.9 results in Lync not creating the GalContacts.db and GalContacts.db.idx files.
Before you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.7 update, you must uninstall any version of Lync for Mac 2011 that is earlier than Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4 on your computer. Additionally, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5, or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system. To verify that the computer meets the operating system version prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To determine which version of Lync for Mac 2011 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open Lync for Mac 2011.
- On the Lync menu, click About Lync. (The version number of Lync for Mac 2011 is displayed in the About Lync dialog box.)
To install this update:
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with the installation.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
- Double-click the file that you downloaded in step 5 to place the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 Update volume on your desktop, and then double-click the volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 Update volume window, double-click the Lync for Mac 2011 Update application to start the update process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the update installer from your hard disk. To remove the update installer, first drag the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 update volume to the Trash, and then drag the file that you downloaded to the Trash.
Note: This update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, an application that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, open Microsoft Lync, and then on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
Issues that the update fixes
The update fixes the following issues:
- 2909665 Lync for Mac 2011 crashes in a conference call when an attendee drops out
- 2909671 Additional Lync for Mac 2011 icon is created in the Dock when you upgrade Lync for Mac 2011
- 2909681 Crash when you disconnect from a conference call by using Lync for Mac 2011
- 2913447 An update is available for Lync for Mac 2011 to implement missing QoE data
- 2913463 Initial instant message isn’t stored when a user doesn’t click "Accept" to accept the message in Lync for Mac 2011
- 2913465 Error message when you make a video call by using Lync for Mac 2011 in a MacBook Air laptop
- 2913468 Can’t use the DTMF functions in the dial pad during a call in Lync for Mac 2011
- 2913469 Can’t sign in to Lync for Mac 2011 by using an Office 365 account when the password has more than 16 characters
- 2913470 Your display name is displayed as a SIP address when you sign in to Lync for Mac 2011
- 2913477 Delay occurs when you sign in to a Lync for Mac 2011 client that is moved from a corporate network to an external network
- 2913479 Instant message window closes when Lync for Mac 2011 disconnects from the network
How to perform a complete uninstall of Lync for Mac - STEPS.