Lync for Mac
Refer to UH IT Get Help page for more information: http://www.uh.edu/lync
Before you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4 update, make sure that you have Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.x installed on your computer. Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5, or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets the operating system version prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To verify that Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.0 or above is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open Lync for Mac 2011.
- On the Lync menu, click About Lync.
- In the About Lync dialog box, notice the version number that is displayed. The version number should be 14.0.0 or above.
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with the installation.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
- Double-click the file that you downloaded in step 5 to place the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 Update volume on your desktop, and then double-click the volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 Update volume window, double-click the Lync for Mac 2011 Update application to start the update process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the update installer from your hard disk. To remove the update installer, first drag the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 update volume to the Trash, and then drag the file that you downloaded to the Trash.
Note: This update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, an application that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, open Microsoft Lync, and then on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
Improvements that this update provides:
This update update provides call control functionality for Optimized for Lync USB audio devices. Microsoft and the OEMs that make USB audio devices have verified that this update qualifies for the Optimized for Lync logo on most devices.
Phones and devices qualified for Microsoft Lync
Issues that the update fixes
2793013 A user cannot start an encrypted desktop sharing or application sharing session together with a Lync for Mac 2011 user
2793011 An update is available that enables Lync for Mac 2011 to be supported in Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
2793012 Video call or conference is stretched to a 4:3 aspect ratio when you use Lync for Mac 2011
2803796 "Lync was unable to sign in" error message when you try to sign in to Lync Online by using Lync for Mac 2011 in a Mac OS