Lync for Mac
Refer to UH IT Get Help page for more information: http://www.uh.edu/lync
Before you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.5 hotfix, uninstall any previous version of Lync for Mac 2011. Additionally, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets the operating system version prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To install this update:
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with the installation.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
- Double-click the file that you downloaded in step 5 to place the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 Update volume on your desktop, and then double-click the volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 Update volume window, double-click the Lync for Mac 2011 Update application to start the update process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the update installer from your hard disk. To remove the update installer, first drag the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 update volume to the Trash, and then drag the file that you downloaded to the Trash.
Note: This update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, an application that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, open Microsoft Lync, and then on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
page last updated: November 07, 2013
For questions or problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-743-1411.