This section provides information that can help ensure that your new hire transition is smooth, it includes information on the hiring process, closing a position and necessary documentation.
The Hiring Process
- Interviewing and Hiring (Word Doc)
- Selection of Final Candidate (Excel template)
- Completing the RFO
- Authorization to Conduct a Criminal History Record Investigation (CHRI)
Hiring a Post-Doctoral Fellow 1 or 2? Check out the new policy on Post-Docs!
Hiring a group of GAs, TAs, or other student workers for the semester? You may be able to use our new Pre-I9 process to lessen their wait time in HR.
A note about your hiring timeline...
Human Resources needs all hiring paperwork complete and in our office no later than five (5) working days before the new hire's start date. This is to ensure:
- Compliance with Federal hiring laws
- Proper setup in PeopleSoft so that your employee will: