Official University of Houston job descriptions are maintained by HR Compensation. For pay range information or Career Ladders please select the quick link to the left.
All benefits eligible staff positions are covered by this compensation program and have a generic job description that includes the official UH job title, job code, a general job summary, a list of major duties and responsibilities, and minimum job requirements (i.e., minimum education, experience and other qualifications that an individual should have to fill the position).
The official job title on the job description will be used for all personnel records and publications. For internal purposes, however, departments may use a different functional title. New official job titles may be created only with the prior review and approval by the Human Resources Department.
Job descriptions are used to:
- Evaluate and classify jobs to determine appropriate internal position relationships
- Identify comparable jobs in the local or regional market to determine the market value
- Determine appropriate career ladders for job families
- Provide job information and minimum qualifications used in the recruitment and selection process
- Conduct performance reviews and identify training and development needs
Significant changes in the duties of a job may require evaluation of the job. Where changes are judged significant by the supervisor and/or manager, please contact Compensation for additional information.