Dental Insurance for Plan Year FY2017
What You Need to Know:
There are two dental insurance plans. The carrier for both plans remains HumanaDental.
- Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO)
- State of Texas Dental Choice Plan
- Benefits and rates remain the same for Plan Year 2017.
- Employees and covered dependents enrolling in the DHMO plan must select a primary care dentist (PCD) to receive benefits.
- PCD selection is NOT available this year in ERS OnLine.
- To search for a DHMO PCD:
- Visit: www.HumanaDental.com/ers
- Call HumanaDental at (877) 377-0987 (Mon-Fri, 7a.m. – 7p.m.), to provide them with your PCD election; or
- Complete and mail to HumanaDental a PCD Selection/Change Form available on their site.
|Humana Dental DHMO||You Pay|
|Member + Spouse||$19.17|
|Member + Child(ren)||$23.01|
|Member + Family||$33.59|
State of Texas Dental Choice Plan:
- Rates increase by an average of 9.5%.
- Choose any dentist.
- May receive higher benefits if using a dentist through the preferred provider network.
- Visit www.HumanaDental.com/ers to search provider network.
|State of Texas Dental Choice Plan||You Pay||Increase|
|Member + Spouse||$53.22||$4.66|
|Member + Child(ren)||$63.86||$5.58|
|Member + Family||$90.47||
State of Texas Dental Discount Plan:
- Carrier is Careington International Corporation (Careington)
- This plan is not dental insurance, but a discount program for dental services.
- Participating dentists have agreed to accept a discounted fee from participants as payment-in-full for dental services performed. Participants can change dentists at any time and their dependents can select their own dentists.
- Health coverage opt-out credit does not apply to this plan.
- You can only enroll in one of the three dental plans. Members and dependents must be enrolled in the same plan.
- Participants pay a reduced cost to the provider at time of service. There are no claims to submit.
- Employees can be enrolled in a private dental insurance plan and the State of Texas Dental Discount Plan. Employees should check with their dentist to confirm that he or she will accept dental insurance and the dental discount plan for each service performed.
- Interested employees and plan participants can find a participating dentist by visiting www.txdentaldiscount.com and clicking "Find a dentist." they can also call (844) 377-3368 (TTY-711) Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, CT.
- Save 20% to 60% on most dental work.
- 20% savings on orthodontics.
- 20% discount off of specialist fees.
- Save on cosmetic services (that some dental insurance plans may not cover).
- Visit any participating dentist and change providers at any time.
Provider nominations accepted:
- Submit online, by phone, or by form.
- Process takes 30-45 days.
- Customer Service: 844-377-3368 (Mon-Fri, 7am-7pm) www.txdentaldiscount.com
|State of Texas Dental Discount Plan
|Member + Spouse||$4.50*|
|Member + Child(ren)||$5.40*|
|Member + Family||$7.65*|
*Rates may decrease based on number of participants enrolled.