Dental Insurance for Plan Year FY2015
What You Need to Know:
There are two dental insurance plans. The carrier for both plans remains HumanaDental.
- Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO)
- State of Texas Dental Choice Plan
- Benefits remain the same.
- Rates will increase by an average of 7% (see below).
- Employees and covered dependents enrolling in the DHMO plan must select a primary care dentist (PCD) to receive benefits.
- PCD selection is NOT available this year in ERS OnLine.
- To search for a DHMO PCD:
- Visit: www.HumanaDental.com/ers
- Call HumanaDental at (877) 377-0987 (Mon-Fri, 7a.m. – 7p.m.), to provide them with your PCD election; or
- Complete and mail to HumanaDental a PCD Selection/Change Form available on their site.
|Humana Dental DHMO||You Pay||Increase|
|Member + Spouse||$19.93||$1.69|
|Member + Child(ren)||$23.91||$2.03|
|Member + Family||$33.88||$2.87|
State of Texas Dental Choice Plan:
- Rates remain the same.
- Choose any dentist.
- May receive higher benefits if using a dentist through the preferred provider network.
- Visit www.HumanaDental.com/ers to search provider network.
Benefits are enhanced this year to:
- Exclude Preventive Services from Annual Maximums.
- Add an Extended Maximum to pay 40% for all the services after $1,500 standard Annual Maximum is reached.
- Include four periodontal cleanings per year (does not cross reduce two routine cleanings per year).
- Remove Crown Exclusion from Attrition and Abrasion, and
- Cover Emergency Oral Exams on the same day as Palliative Treatment
|State of Texas Dental Choice Plan
|Member + Spouse||$47.16|
|Member + Child(ren)||$56.60|
|Member + Family||$80.18|
State of Texas Dental Discount Plan:
- Carrier will be Careington International Corporation (Careington)
- This plan is not dental insurance, but a discount program for dental services.
- Participating dentists have agreed to accept a discounted fee from participants as payment-in-full for dental services performed.
- Health coverage opt-out credit does not apply to this plan.
- You can only enroll in one of the three dental plans.
- Members and dependents must be enrolled in the same plan.
- Premiums are paid on an after-tax basis.
- Employees can be enrolled in a private dental insurance plan and the State of Texas Dental Discount Plan. Employees should check with their dentist to confirm that he or she will accept dental insurance and the dental discount plan for each service performed.
- Provider nominations are accepted.
- Save 20% to 60% on most dental work.
- 20% savings on orthodontics.
- 20% discount off of specialist fees.
- Save on cosmetic services (that some dental insurance plans may not cover).
- Visit any participating dentist and change providers at any time.
Provider nominations accepted:
- Submit online, by phone, or by form.
- Process takes 30-45 days.
- Customer Service: 844-377-3368 (Mon-Fri, 7am-7pm) www.txdentaldiscount.com
|State of Texas Dental Discount Plan
|Member + Spouse||$4.50*|
|Member + Child(ren)||$5.40*|
|Member + Family||$7.65*|
*Rates may decrease based on number of participants enrolled.