A Message from the Associate Vice Chancellor/Vice President of Human Resources
The HR Department is committed to supporting a culture of EXCELLENCE at the University of Houston and University of Houston System. As an integral department within the Division of Administration and Finance, Human Resources is responsible for Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, HR Business Partners, Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, HRIS, and Employee Records. Our Goal is to serve our community as a strategic partner and to continue to build a strong and welcoming culture of respect and inclusion.
Mission, Vision & Values
MissionTo attract, develop, motivate, and retain a diverse and engaged workforce committed to supporting and enhancing the mission of the University. We accomplish this through providing Tier One customer service and partnering with the UHS community to maximize the potential of our greatest asset- Our Employees.
VisionHuman Resources will be a Strategic Partner supporting the University of Houston as the Employer of Choice. We will foster an environment that sustains the University of Houston's priorities of Diversity and Institutional Excellence.
- Respect self and others
- Honest and trustworthy
- Shared communications
Tier One Customer Service
- Courtesy of Professionalism
- Quality of Work
- Knowledge of Work
- Commit to proactive and creative problem solving
- Seeking new ways to implement Human Resources best practices
- Create transformational strategies to advance Human Resource partnership
- Encourage collaborative solutions to meeting client expectations by taking initiative focusing on results
- Recognizing team strengths and leveraging them to accomplish overall Human Resource initiatives