Returning to Work
- Employees who are able to return to work safely are expected to do so on September 5, 2017.
- We realize that some employees may be facing transportation, housing, or child care needs and may require a flexible schedule or other work-related accommodations. Please check the Harvey updates daily at http://www.uh.edu/2017-harvey/ for any additional options we may have going forward. We encourage you to contact your supervisor to request return to work accommodations.
- If you are not able to return to work, extended emergency leave may be available to you. Please notify your supervisor to report your status.
- Supervisors should contact your Human Resources Business Partner for guidance with employee requests for return to work accommodations.
Harvey Needs Assessment
If you are impacted by the path of Harvey, please complete the Harvey needs assessment to let us know what you need. We are compiling resources, hosting a resource fair, and updating infomration. We want to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our Cougar Family.
Cougar Strong Recovery Resource Fair
- Payroll direct deposit for monthly and biweekly employees was delivered September 1, 2017. Employees who do not have direct deposit can pick up their check on September 5, 2017 at the Treasury Department located in the basement of E. Cullen.
- During the campus closure (beginning 1:00 p.m. August 25th and ending September 1st), Weather Emergency Leave was uploaded in payroll for all benefits eligible employees. Biweekly employees should not enter time during this period unless they worked during the campus closure. Therefore, all benefits eligible employees will be paid during our closure.
- Any adjustments to time entered will be corrected on the next pay period.
Please call UTEAP at 713-500-3327 or 1-800-346-3549 for counseling support if needed. On Call Crisis Counselors are available 24/7 & phones will be answered through an answering service outside regular business hours during this challenging time. http://www.uh.edu/human-resources/wellness/employee-assistance-program/
UH Child Watch Center
Hurricane Harvey. Campus Recreation is providing a limited Child Watch program for the UH community Tuesday through Friday, Sept. 5 through Sept. 8, as faculty, staff and students return to campus, this program is FREE of charge and will serve kids ages 5 – 12. There is limited space available for this program. Please visit http://www.uh.edu/2017-harvey/FAQ for more information.
The UH Children’s Learning Centers (CLC), www.uh.edu/clc, has very limited number of temporary enrollment openings available through December. These opening are in the toddler (approximately 1-3 years old) and preschool (approximately 3-5years old) programs.
A team of communication experts is monitoring the firstname.lastname@example.org email and will forward your inquiry to relevant individuals for a quick and concise response. Please be patient and remember that these are tough times for everyone, including those who are responding to your inquiries. HR related questions will be forwarded to a representative from HR, we will respond to inquiries as quickly as possible.
UH Hurricane Harvey FAQs
As the University of Houston continues to prepare to reopen Tuesday, Sept. 5, here is the latest information regarding University status.
Given the long delay in receiving responses online it may be more expedient to contact shelters directly.
Financial contributions can be made to the following entities:
- UH Cougar Emergency Fund (indicate that it is for “Harvey Relief”)
Donations to this fund will be utilized to provide comfort and ease to UH students who find themselves with hardship as a result of the storm.
- The Fund for UH (indicate that it is for "Harvey Relief")
Donations to this fund will be utilized to provide assistance to UH faculty and staff with hardship as a result of the storm.
- The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation
- The American Red Cross
- The United Way Relief Fund
- A local charity of your choice