Skip to main content

Owing Money to the University I've been told I can't receive a merit increase or promotion if I owe money to the university. Is this true?

Yes. Per UH policy, all financial holds must be removed from an employee’s record before they can be approval for merit, promotion, reclassification or any other action that results in a financial benefit to the employee. This can only be done by an employee paying all delinquent debts in full. Types of debts include, but are not limited to, parking tickets, transcripts, courses, or repayment of an overpayment.


If you need additional information, talk to your department business administrator or call the HR Service Center at 713-743-3988.