- UH Experts Have Practical Advice, Noteworthy Research On Hurricanes
- UH Offers Experts on Earthquakes
- UH Expert: Search for Missing Malaysian Flight 370
- UH Expert: Oil & Gas Impact of Ukraine Crisis
- UH Researchers Put a Lot of Heart Into Their Work
- UH Expert: Analyzing Political Scandals of Governors, Presidents and Candidates
- View All Tip Sheets
Working With You Is Killing Me
Freeing Yourself from Emotional Traps at Work
We've all worked with someone who makes work impossible. But it doesn't have to be that way. This class, based on the national best-selling book, teaches employees and managers how to tame a toxic co-worker by setting boundaries. Everyone - including the lucky few who’ve never had to work with a difficult person - will benefit from this program. It brilliantly portrays how employees on any career path and at any level of an organization can be undone by a problem co-worker. The amount of time spent worrying, avoiding, raging and obsessing over toxic employees can affect performance on the job and peace at home.
This workshop also provides the antidote, showing exactly how to take responsibility for addressing the problem and put a stop to it all. It shows employees how to “unhook” from difficult situations in four simple ways: Physically, Mentally, Verbally and With a Business Tool (memo, email, log, etc.).
Participant Level: All employees (leader- and staff-level) (For this class it is recommended that no more than 2 of any given department take it at the same time.)
Pre-requisite Requirement: None
Time Allotment: 3.0 hours
- Helps people deal with difficult co-workers through mutual cooperation
- Reduces stress-related issues arising from work relationships
- Improves interpersonal relations and understanding of boundaries
Participants will learn to:
- Examine how their own reactions can enable the situation.
- Internalize a series of proven responses to problem behavior.
- Reinforce the message if the problem behavior returns.
For questions, please contact the HR Service Center at 713.743.3988.
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO REGISTER FOR COURSES
CLICK HERE TO LOGON ON TO PASS TO REGISTER
Please register in PASS at:
The course number is HRT055.