- UH Experts Have Practical Advice, Noteworthy Research On Hurricanes
- UH Offers Experts on Earthquakes
- UH Expert: Search for Missing Malaysian Flight 370
- UH Expert: Oil & Gas Impact of Ukraine Crisis
- UH Researchers Put a Lot of Heart Into Their Work
- UH Expert: Analyzing Political Scandals of Governors, Presidents and Candidates
- View All Tip Sheets
Who should attend: This course is open to staff-level participants.
Prerequisites: None, although Interaction Skills for Success is recommended.
How long: 4 hours
When differences cause people to become angry and close-minded, the resulting conflict has a negative effect on quality, productivity, cooperation and communication.
Following this course, participants will be better able to:
- Approach conflict as a process.
- Reduce the potential cost of conflict to themselves and their organization.
- Minimize the negative consequences of unresolved differences.
- Improve productivity by effectively handling conflict on and off the job.
- Contribute to an open, collaborative work environment.
Please note: this course builds on the Key Principles and Interaction Guidelines introduced in Essentials of Leadership (leader level) and Interaction Skills for Success (employee level).
For questions, please contact the HR Service Center at 713.743.3988.
Please register in PASS at:
The course number is HRT005.