The Human Resources Employment team is excited to announce that the new OJS (online job system) launch date has finally been set for March 1, 2012. The upgrade of OJS will provide many advantages to both internal users as well as external applicants. See just a few of the advantages below:
- Enhanced functionality to source candidates and screen out applicants
- Added features that include search committee options, mandatory attached documents, and searchable questions
- More efficient and effective recruiting process
- January 30, 2012: Webinar training available (required for all OJS users and prior to classroom training)
- Starting January 30, 2012: Hiring Managers need to access each posted position to determine ability to fill by February 29, 2012
- HR will select a representative from each department/college to be the liaison to ensure department training and timelines are met. Representatives will be notified by January 30th
- February 2, 2012: Supplemental classroom training begins
- As of February 10, 2012: Colleges/divisions need to provide position status report to Employment Representative
- As of February 29, 2012, OJS (current) will not be accessible to current users or applicants
- NOTE: Job posting information and applications in the current system will not transfer to the new system. All current job postings will need to be reposted and applicants will have to reapply for any position that is not filled by February 29, 2012
We want to thank everyone for their patience and support during this process. We believe this enhancement will be worth the wait and we look forward to partnering with you as we continue to improve our recruitment efforts.
Graduate Student Employment Categories
For a list of graduate student titles and job descriptions click here
RECRUITMENT AND HIRING COMPLIANCE PROCESS
Interview documents must be submitted under the ‘job compliance folder' tab in OJS (online job system) simultaneously with the request for offer (RFO). Interview documentation submittal is to ensure that a compliant recruiting and hiring process was followed.
POSTING PROCESS FOR STAFF RESEARCH POSITIONS
All colleges are required to post Staff Research Positions through the UH on-line job system (OJS) starting April 1, 2010. This process will ensure compliance with federal and state hiring practices, and allow HR to track position progress.
Click here for full story
Click here for process flow chart
Click here for posting Template