Hold and Publicize an Event on Campus
Events held on campus are a very important part of campus life. To that end, it is very important that all campus events follow all of the guidelines set forth by the administration. Events not following all of the guidelines are subject to being ended immediately without prior notice and the host of the event being held responsible for any violation of university policy.
- Event Type: Decide what kind of event you will have
- Where on campus will it be held?
- How many people will attend?
- Will Food be served?
- Will alcoholic beverages be served?
- Will decorations be needed?
- What is your budget?
- Policies & Procedures: Review all university policies and procedures for holding events on campus. Pay close attention to the alcohol policy (page 4) stated in the policies and procedures as any deviation from this policy will cause your event to be ended immediately without prior notice and the host of the event being held responsible for any violation of university policy.
- Catering: Set up catering through Aramark – You will need to set you order up at least three (3) days prior to your event.
- Catering Menu
- Catering Office: 713-743-5248 or 713-743-FOOD (3663)
- Security: Arrange for appropriate security for the event by contacting the University Police Department.
- Publicity: Do you want to publicize your event? If so here are some suggestions