To get the most out their volunteering experience, Cougar Mover Volunteers should:
Before the event
- Sign up early. Here is the form.
- Inform their Cougar Mover Crew Leader of any changes to their schedule.
- Read the Cougar Mover Newsletter and all email correspondence.
- Follow Cougar Mover Volunteers on Facebook.
- Check the Cougar Mover web page for up-to-date information.
- Attend Cougar Mover Training in August (more details to come).
- Promote Cougar Mover Volunteers to others and encourage their participation.
Day of the event
1. Please make sure arrive 10-15 minutes early to your shift so you can sign in and change into your shirt.
2. Confirm your volunteer task and sign the volunteer sheet. If you are not on the master list, write your name neatly next to your time and location and then initial it.
3. Pick up your t-shirt before your shift. If you are working multiple shifts, you will only be issued one shirt.
4. Report to your volunteer station.
5. Identify your Cougar Mover Crew Leader onsite and reach out to them if you need assistance, or have questions.
7. Stay hydrated. Water and snacks will be available at the volunteer care table. A Water Monster station will provide water for volunteers working outside.
9. If you need documentation of volunteer hours worked you will be able to find volunteer hour forms at the Volunteer Care table. Please get one at the end of your shift.
If you are unable to attend training or if you would like to review the material, please review the information here.
For more information on the various residence halls that we’ll be moving our new and returning Coogs into, please click here.