Saying “Welcome Home” to new and returning Coogs!
Each year, the Student Housing and Residential Life Opening Committee works to make the move-in process an easy and memorable experience for students and their families. Whether they are new or returning, residents should receive a warm welcome from their UH family. Thanks to the help of our staff, volunteers, and sponsors, the move-in event gets better and better each year.
The residential move-in dates are as follows:
Wednesday, Aug. 16 – Honors Move In COUGAR VILLAGE 1 ONLY
Thursday, Aug. 17 – Saturday, Aug. 19 - Cougar Village 1 & 2, Cougar Place, Moody Towers, Bayou Oaks Calhoun Lofts and The Quadrangle
Cougar Mover Volunteers are needed
Volunteer sign-up is now open. Please complete this form to be a part of the team!
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Set-up (WEDNESDAY ONLY 7:30 AM assist in the set-up of different areas for move-in and signage)
- Carriers (help to unload cars/transporting luggage/boxes)
- Drop-off Zone Observers (track items in drop-off zones)
- Volunteer Care (Responsible for checking in volunteers, making sure they are getting snacks and keeping hydrated, break down of event stations and other tasks as needed)
- The G-Unit (Go Unit. On this special ops team you will be transported between building that need the most help via a golf cart. Your object will be to assist the building that needs help during the peak time before being picked up and taken to another building. This position truly maximizes the volunteer experience and is fun, fresh and engaging.)
- Golf Cart Driver (Drive students/families to and from the parking garage)
- Cougar Clean Up Crew (Assist in the cleanup of different areas for move-in and signage)
- 2017 Historian (help SHRL Marketing capture the images of families, movers and all the people that make this event memorable)
For more information about volunteering, please see the Volunteer Experience page.
Questions about the Cougar Mover Program may be directed to Rhoda Arnes, 713.743.6716.