Saying “Welcome Home” to new and returning Coogs!
Each year, the Student Housing and Residential Life Opening Committee works to make the move-in process an easy and memorable experience for students and their families. Whether they are new or returning, residents should receive a warm welcome from their UH family. Thanks to the help of our staff, volunteers, and sponsors, the move-in event gets better and better each year.
The residential move-in dates are as follows:
Wednesday, Aug. 15 – Honors Move In COUGAR VILLAGE 1 ONLY
Thursday, Aug. 16 – Saturday, Aug. 18 - Cougar Village 1 & 2, Cougar Place, Moody Towers, Bayou Oaks and the University Lofts.
Cougar Mover Volunteers are needed
Volunteer sign-up is now open. Please complete this form to be a part of the team!
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Carriers (help to unload cars/transporting luggage/boxes)
- Drop-off Zone Observers (track items in drop-off zones)
- Volunteer Care (Responsible for checking in volunteers, making sure they are getting snacks and keeping hydrated, break down of event stations and other tasks as needed)
- The G-Unit (Go Unit. On this special ops team you will be transported between building that need the most help via a golf cart. Your object will be to assist the building that needs help during the peak time before being picked up and taken to another building. This position truly maximizes the volunteer experience and is fun, fresh and engaging.)
- Golf Cart Driver (Drive students/families to and from the parking garage)
For more information about volunteering, please see the Volunteer Experience page.
Questions about the Cougar Mover Program may be directed to Rhoda Arnes, 713.743.6716.