Morris K. Udall and Stewart L. Udall Scholarship
UH Campus Deadline: February 2015 (exact date TBA)
National Registration Deadline: TBA
National Deadline: TBA
The Morris K. Udall and Stewart L. Udall Foundation expects to award 50 scholarships of up to $5,000 and 50 honorable mentions to sophomore and junior level college students committed to careers related to the environment, tribal public policy, or Native American health care.
Candidates must be nominated by the Office of Undergraduate Research, and may not apply directly. UH can nominate up to six (6) candidates. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Research for more information.
Eligible candidates should:
- Be committed to a career related to the environment.
- Native Americans and Alaska Natives committed to careers in tribal public policy or Native American health care are also eligible to apply.
- Have a grade-point average of at least a "B" or the equivalent.
- Be a full-time matriculated sophomore or junior-level student at the time of application, intending to study full time for the upcoming academic year.
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or U.S. permanent resident.
- Read the guidelines and download the sample application online on the Udall Scholarship website.
- Should you decide to apply for the campus competition, download the sample online application on the Udall Scholarship website. Submit a completed application, an unofficial transcript, and three letters of recommendation to the Office of Undergraduate Research. If your letter writers would prefer, they may email their letters directly to the Office of Undergraduate Research.
- If you are planning to apply for the campus competition, it is also a good idea to schedule an appointment with a representative from the Office of Undergraduate Research.
- At the meeting: Plan to provide the names of at least three (3) letter writers. Bring in a résumé listing awards, honors, activities, research, jobs, service, leadership, hobbies, etc.
Contact the Office of Undergraduate Research if you’re interested in applying for this scholarship.