Pathways to the Faculty - Summer Undergraduate Research Program at Purdue University
The Pathways program is looking for junior level underrepresented students interested in PhD study and a faculty career in engineering. Selected students participate in Purdue’s Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program and receive additional mentoring, networking, and professional opportunities.
- Be matched with an Engineering faculty member at Purdue University to work on a research project of mutual interest.
- Participate in 11 weeks of mentored research during the summer in conjunction with Purdue’s SURF program.
- Attend weekly professional development seminars; learn skills necessary for success in graduate school and a faculty career.
- Become part of a growing support network. Receive additional mentoring throughout senior year while applying for graduate schools and fellowships.
- Receive free housing, a total of up to $500 for travel to and from Purdue, and a stipend of $4,500 for the summer.
US citizen. Junior (or one year before graduation) pursuing an engineering or closely related degree at a Minority Serving Institution. Member of an underrepresented minority group in engineering (including Hispanic, Black or African American, Native American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, women, and people with disabilities). Interested in pursuing a Ph.D. and a faculty career in engineering.
Learn more and link to the application at www.engr.purdue.edu/pathways.
Application Deadline: March 7, 2018 (11:59pm EST)
Please contact the the Office of Undergraduate Research if you have additional questions or would like feedback on your application materials.