Nationally Competitive Scholarships
UH Campus Preferred Deadline: May 10, 2013
UH Campus Deadline: August 26, 2013
National Deadline: October 1, 2013
Up to 40 scholarships are awarded annually to students who have the potential to excel as scholars and as leaders in their field. Assessment will be based on academic merit, demonstration of leadership, and ambassadorial potential.
Candidates must be nominated by the Office of Undergraduate Research to apply. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Research for more information.
Eligible candidates should:
- Be U.S. citizens at the time they apply for a scholarship and have earned their first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University.
- Demonstrate academic excellence, leadership abilities, and concern for the greater good.
- Have at least a 3.7 cumulative gpa.
- Review the information and instructions online.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a representative from the Office of Undergraduate Research
- At the meeting:
- Plan to provide the names of four (4) letter writers.
- Bring in a résumé listing awards, honors, activities, research, jobs, service, leadership, hobbies, etc.
Contact the Office of Undergraduate Research if you’re interested in applying for this scholarship.