Nationally Competitive Scholarships
Gates Cambridge Scholarship
UH Campus Preferred Deadline: May 10, 2013
UH Campus Deadline: August 26, 2013
National Deadline: October 2013 TBA
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are competitive full scholarships awarded to applicants of outstanding intellectual ability, leadership abilities, and who are committed to improving the lives of others.
University nomination is not required, but it is encouraged that you contact the Office of Undergraduate Research for assistance applying for this competitive award.
Eligible candidates should:
- Be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Intend to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.).
- Demonstrate academic excellence, leadership abilities, and concern for the greater good.
- Review the information and instructions online.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a representative from the Office of Undergraduate Research
- At the meeting:
- Be prepared to talk through your responses to the essays within the application with a scholarship advisor.
- Plan to provide the names of three (3) letter writers.
- Bring in a résumé listing awards, honors, activities, research, jobs, service, leadership, hobbies, etc.
Contact the Office of Undergraduate Research if you’re interested in applying for this scholarship.