Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Arts Award
Phase One Deadline: November 2014 (exact date TBA)
Phase Two Campus Deadline: TBA
Phase Two Deadline: TBA
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation's Graduate Arts Award enables students or recent alumni with exceptional artistic or creative promise and financial need to pursue up to three years of study at an accredited graduate institution in the U.S. or abroad. Awards can be as much as $50,000 annually.
Candidates must be nominated by the UH Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Selection Committee. This committee will nominate two (2) students to apply for Phase Two.
Eligible candidates should:
- Have senior standing or have graduated from an accredited four-year U.S. college or university with the past five years.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.20 or better on a scale of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
- Demonstrate unmet financial need.
- Have a bachelor's degree by the start of the coming fall semester.
- Plan to begin their first graduate degree program in the performing arts, visual arts, or creative writing at an accredited college or university in the fall the application date. Candidates should have a goal of being a professional performing artist.
- Not have been previously nominated for the Graduate Arts Award.
- For Phase One: Create an account on the website, fill out the application which includes official transcripts, one letter of recommendation, financial information, and uploading your portfolio by the Phase One deadline.
- As you are preparing your Phase One application, we strongly encourage you to begin gathering the required materials for Phase Two so that you will be prepared to submit your Phase Two application quickly should you be invited to do so.
- Students invited to submit a Phase Two application will be notified
- For Phase Two: All semifinalists must submit a complete Phase Two application to the Jack Kent Cooke website
- Two (2) semifinalists will be chosen by the UH Selection Committee for official university nomination
Contact the Office of Undergraduate Research if you’re interested in applying for this scholarship.