National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowships
National Deadline: December 20, 2013
The National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship is a competitive, portable fellowship that is awarded to U.S. citizens and nationals who intend to pursue a doctoral degree in one of 15 supported disciplines. NDSEG Fellowships last for three years and pay for full tuition and all mandatory fees, a monthly stipend, and up to $1,000 a year in medical insurance.
This scholarship does not require university nomination, but it is encouraged that you contact the Office of Undergraduate Research should you have any questions regarding the application process for this award.
Eligible candidates should:
- Be citizens or nationals of the U.S.
- Be enrolled in their final year of undergraduate studies, or have completed less than two full-time years of graduate study in the discipline in which they are applying.
- Intend to pursue a doctoral degree in one of the 15 supported disciplines:
- Read the application information available online at the scholarship’s website.
- Talk to professors and mentors about securing letters of recommendation.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a representative from the Office of Undergraduate Research should you have any questions about the application process.