Congratulations to the F.E.E.T. 2018 Scholarship Winners, Deborah Okoro and Nour Haikal!
And to the Runners-up, May Al-Ameri, Caroline Mousa, and Rodolfo Yamba (three-way tie)!
The Faber-Economon European Travel Scholarship (F.E.E.T.) is an award specifically designed to introduce Honors students to Europe. Made available through the generosity of two Honors alumni, Hanneke Faber and Aris Economon, the goal of the F.E.E.T. scholarship is to provide Honors students who've never been "across the pond" the chance to visit Europe without having to enroll in classes or take time off from school.
Scholarship recipients will receive airfare to/from Europe, a 3-week Eurail pass and a ~€1,000.00 stipend.
To be considered for the F.E.E.T. Scholarship, students must demonstrate:
- good standing in the Honors College and with the University of Houston (3.50 cumulative gpa, completion of the Human Situation sequence and a minimum of one Honors course per semester of participation in Honors (can be cumulative)
- completion of at least 3 semesters at the University of Houston and have at least 2 semesters remaining (Spring 2018 and December 2018 graduates are ineligible to apply)
- already possess or be able to obtain a passport by February 2018
- able to travel during May 11 – June 1, 2018
- have never previously traveled to Europe
Two runners-up will receive a $1,000 stipend, which may only be applied to another Honors College study abroad opportunity.
For more information about the scholarship, contact Adrian Castillo in the Honors College. The deadline for submitting completed applications for the 2018 F.E.E.T. Scholarship is Wednesday, November 22, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Winners will be announced on this site on December 1, 2017.