The 2017 F.E.E.T. award recipients are:
Winners: Omar Jamal and Mason Malone
Runners-up: Deborah Okoro and Trinity Rinear
For more information about the scholarsip, contact Dr. Jonathan Zecher, Visiting Assistant Professor in the Honors College.
The Faber-Economon European Travel Scholarship (F.E.E.T.) is an award specifically designed to introduce Honors students to Europe. Made available through the generosity of two Honors alumni, Hanneke Faber and Aris Economon, the goal of the F.E.E.T. scholarship is to provide Honors students who've never been "across the pond" the chance to visit Europe without having to enroll in classes or take time off from school.
Scholarship recipients will receive airfare to/from Europe, a 3-week Eurail pass and a ~€1000.00 stipend.
To be considered for the F.E.E.T. Scholarship, students must demonstrate:
- good standing in the Honors College and with the University of Houston (3.50 cumulative gpa, completion of the Human Situation sequence and a minimum of one Honors course per semester of participation in Honors (can be cumulative)
- completion of at least 3 semesters at the University of Houston and have at least 2 semesters remaining (Spring 2017 and December 2017 graduates are ineligible to apply)
- already possess or be able to obtain a passport by February 2017
- able to travel during May 13-June 4, 2017
- have never previously traveled to Europe (including the United Kingdom)
Four runners-up will receive a $1,000 stipend, which may only be applied to another Honors College study abroad opportunity.