Honors College Hosts High School Senior Open Houses
To help the best and the brightest as they consider the University of Houston, The Honors College is hosting three open house events for high-caliber high school students in the Houston area. The High School Senior Open House is an invitational event that allows prospective students to experience The Honors College at the University of Houston firsthand through tours of our facility, presentations, and discussions with current students, faculty, and staff. At this event, students and parents will have the opportunity to meet with representatives from the different majors and to meet current Honors professors and students. Attendees can choose from the sessions below, take a tour of The Honors College, and compete for Honors scholarships.
- Student Life in The Honors College
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- The Honors Experience (The Human Situation and beyond)
- Applying to The Honors College
- Bauer Honors Business Program
- Honors Engineering Program
- Minoring in Honors: Phronesis: Politics and Ethics Program; Medicine & Society; Center for Creative Work
The Honors College will host the first of its three Open Houses on Thursday, November 4, 2010. Additional events are slated for Tuesday, November 30, 2010, and Thursday, January 27, 2011. RSVPs are required and can be submitted online.