MS in Hospitality Management Program Information
Our MS in hospitality management program is designed for students who acquire more in-depth industry knowledge or who want to reinvent themselves in their current or future career through a two-year residency program at the University of Houston.
Our online executive master’s program (delivered completely online) is for hospitality professionals with five or more years of industry experience and offers emerging leaders resources to manage change and implement new practices while working full-time.
Our master’s in global hospitality business program takes place on three continents – Switzerland, Hong Kong and North America (Houston, Texas) – over three semesters and provides an extensive understanding of world markets and firsthand experience of hospitality in three diverse cultures.
Students are admitted on a rolling basis. To be considered for admission, applicants must submit these materials by the deadline:
- Online application through www.applyweb.com/uhouston
- Resume. At least one year of hospitality or hospitality-related professional experience is preferred.
- Personal statement.
- Official college transcripts. The recommended undergraduate cumulative GPA is at least a 3.0.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Submission of official GRE or GMAT score.
International applicants are required to submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores and must comply with the English proficiency requirements set by the University of Houston and outlined here.
We want to partner with you for smooth and efficient application processing. The earlier you submit all of your application materials, the earlier you will receive an admissions decision. The application timeline is as follows:
- 1 to 2 business days from submission for the College to receive an application submitted online
- 3 to 4 business days from submission to receive payment submitted in the online application
- 2 weeks once requested to receive official test scores
- 2 to 3 weeks – but during peak periods it can take up to 6 to 8 weeks – for the evaluation of official international transcripts
- 4 weeks once your application is complete and has been forwarded for an admissions decision
• Professional track: Students will complete an additional elective class and a practicum in lieu of the research paper requirement.
Expenses and Financial Aid
Use 9 hours per semester as the number of completion hours for the purposes of calculating costs. There are four semesters.
Hilton College scholarships are competitive and are awarded to new students based on class rank, which is determined by GPA and GMAT or GRE test scores. Students can apply or re-apply for these scholarships in the second year of the program. University scholarships are also available here.
Information for International Students
- The minimum TOEFL score required is 79 for the internet-based test, with a minimum writing score of 20. The minimum TOEFL score for the paper-based exam is 550, with a minimum writing score of 58.
- The minimum IELTS score required is an overall score of a 6.5, with a minimum writing score of 6.5.
- TOEFL scores must be received directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS). The University of Houston’s ETS institutional code is 6870.
- The IELTS testing agency must mail the official results directly to the University of Houston at this address:
University of Houston
4800 Calhoun Rd., 102 E. Cullen Building
Houston, TX 77204-2012