Thank you for your interest in participating in the Hilton College Mentor Program! As a mentor, you have the opportunity to share your experiences in the industry with its future leaders and help shape the next generation of hospitality professionals.
• Serve for one whole academic year (September – May)
• Communicate with your student and the director of alumni, who will reach out to conduct check-ins
• Dedicate the amount of time to the program that you can comfortably fit in your schedule
• Educate the student about your professional responsibilities and invite them into your work environment to observe
• Attend the Mentor Program Welcome Reception in October and the Mentor Program Awards Reception in April
Ways to Foster a Good Mentor/Mentee Relationship:
• Invite your mentee to lunch
• Give your mentee a tour of your workplace
• Allow your mentee to observe a departmental meeting
• Allow your mentee to shadow you for a day at work
• Call or email your mentee and discuss concerns about the industry
• Invite your mentee to conferences and/or events
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please complete the online application. Additional information will be sent to you via email. If you have questions, contact Miguel Cabrera, director of Development & Alumni Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.743.1523.