- 93%of our students have jobs upon graduation
- 65countries represent our student body, making us the most diverse hospitality program in the world
- 931 undergraduate students
- 82MS and Executive Master's students
- 41MS in Global Hospitality Business students
- 15Ph.D. in Hospitality Administration students
- $1,000,000 in merit-based scholarships (almost) were awarded last year
- 7,951alumni work in hospitality leadership positions in more than 50 countries around the world
HOSPITALITY MEANS BUSINESS!
Our name says “Hotel and Restaurant” but we are so much more! We are a
Dr. Chris Taylor, along with Drs. Nelson Barber and Daniel Remar of the University of New Hampshire, were just awarded one of two 2017 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence for their highly commended paper titled “Desirability bias and perceived effectiveness influence on willingness-to-pay for pro-environmental wine products.” The article was published in the International Journal of Wine Business Research. Their research addressed whether or not consumers are basing their wine purchasing decisions on concern for the environment.
Jiseon Ahn, a doctoral candidate in the College’s first cohort of Ph.D. students, and Dr. Ki-Joon Back have had their paper titled “Influence of Brand Relationship on Customer Attitude Toward Integrated Resort Brands: A Cognitive, Affective, and Conative Perspective” accepted for publication in the Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing. Their study aims to identify and assess the antecedents of integrated resort brand loyalty from the perspective of Oliver’s (1997) cognitive, affective and conative theory of attitudinal brand loyalty. The results revealed that integrated resort brands carry high awareness of the relationship, and that the brand will invoke an emotional value in customers.
Dr. Yoon Koh has been invited to join the editorial advisory board of the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights (JHTI). This new publication is a sister journal to the International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. JHTI is a peer-reviewed journal that focuses on research articles in all academic areas of the hospitality and tourism field. Its goal is to enhance the ongoing conversation among hospitality and tourism practitioners, academics and professionals.