TRAVEL HEALTH SERVICES
The Health Center offers advice, vaccinations and preventive care to traveling individuals according to CDC recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides travel notices and articles about travel-health related topics aimed at world travelers to help them prepare to manage illness and injury abroad. Read more.
Immunizations, Tuberculosis Testing and Immunological Titers are available to currently enrolled students, and faculty and staff. Services are rendered on a first-come, first-served basis during posted immunization hours. The charge for this service is based on the vaccine(s) or test(s).
The UH Health Center does not process immunization records required by the University of Houston.
Texas Vaccines for Children
The UH Health Center is a Texas Vaccines for Children provider of the HPV and Bacterial Meningitis Vaccines. Under the Texas Vaccines for Children program, the following currently enrolled UH students (up to the age of 18) are eligible to receive the free HPV and Bacterial Meningitis vaccines:
- Uninsured or underinsured
- Covered by CHIP
- Native American or Native Alaskan heritage
- Covered by Medicaid
The HPV vaccine is available to both males and females.
The Bacterial Meningitis vaccine is available to currently enrolled or admitted UH students. Appointment required.
- $10.00 Vaccine Administration fee required.
- Patient must be eligible to receive services at the UH Health Center.
- Photo ID required.
- Call 713-743-5131 or 713-743-5156 for more information or to make an appointment.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Twinrix (combination of Hepatitis A & B)
- Seasonal Influenza
- Meningococcal (Meningitis)
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
- Pneumococcal (Pneumonia)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDaP)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Tuberculin Skin Testing (PPD)
This test is not available on Thursdays or prior to a university holiday.
- QuantiFERON® (QFT)
This test is available on Thursdays by appointment
Appointment Line: 713-743-5156
- Measles (Rubeola)
- Hepatitis B