Student Health Insurance
Sickness is expensive in terms of time and money. The University strongly encourages all students to carry health insurance. The student health insurance plan is endorsed by and designed especially for the University of Houston.
The University of Houston Health Center accepts only the University endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan. For services rendered at the University Health Center, you are responsible only for payment of any applicable co-pays and ineligible expenses for services rendered at the Health Center. The University Health Center will bill the insurance company for any eligible expenses. Services obtained outside the Health Center are subject to deductibles and co-insurance requirements for eligible expenses, and all other policy provisions/limitations.
Fall 2014 Open Enrollment and Waiver Period
Brochure and Temporary ID Card will be available soon
Enrollment Option 2
Enroll through the insurance broker
July 15, 2014 – September 24, 2014
Waiver Period (International Students Only)
August 8, 2014 – September 10, 2014
Domestic students, who are enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours during the Fall and Spring semesters (three (3) credit hours for Summer), are eligible to purchase the University endorsed policy. [More]
Non-immigrant International students, who are carrying hours, will be automatically enrolled and charged for health insurance each semester to satisfy the University policy regarding maintaining acceptable health insurance coverage.
A waiver of the health insurance fee may be requested online with proof of acceptable alternate insurance. The insurance plan and University’s criteria are reviewed periodically and may be subject to change. [More]
Students enrolled in the UH endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan should read and understand the policy’s coverage. This information can be found in the plan’s brochure and online.
- Carry your insurance card at all times. The information on your insurance card will be needed in the event you have a medical emergency or use an outside provider. A temporary insurance card can be found in the brochure or online.
- Know your after-hour and emergency options before you need it.
- Keep a copy of all documentation for claim submission. You will need to submit a copy of the referral (if applicable) and all documentation with your referral.
- Contact the insurance carrier with any questions about submitting your claim. The contact information is listed on your insurance card.
- Plan Information: Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Care
- Online Claim Forms
- Print Clam Forms
- ID Cards
- Providers (in-network doctors and hospitals)
- Coverage Verification
- Additional information, helpful links and phone numbers
- Affordable Care Act and Student Health Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
|UH Health Center Student Health Insurance Office
|Claims, Insurance and Waiver Information
Preferred Provider Information
|Private Healthcare Systems
|24 Hour Emergency Care Hotline
Services provided by American Health Holding, Inc.
is not affiliated with the UH Health Center