UH Health Center
The UH Health Center is a Texas Vaccines for Children provider of the HPV Vaccine.
Under the Texas Vaccine for Children program, the following currently enrolled UH students (up to the age of 18) are eligible to receive the free HPV vaccine:
- Uninsured or underinsured,
- Covered by CHIP,
- Native American or Native Alaskan heritage, and
- Covered by Medicaid.
Tobacco-Free Campus Policy
Effective June 1, 2013, the University of Houston is designated as a tobacco-free campus. The use of all tobacco products is prohibited in university buildings and on university grounds, including parking areas, sidewalks, walkways, university-affiliated parking facilities and university-owned buildings, except in temporary designated tobacco-use areas. more »
Tobacco use will be permitted in a limited number of tobacco-use areas, so designated for a period of not less than 12 months from the date of enactment of this policy.
Dear students, faculty, and staff,
The Health Center wishes to assist you in Staying Healthy by informing the University community of various health related subject matter in any University setting, and urges the University community to:
- Stay up to date with vaccinations.
CDC Adult Immunization Schedule
- Seek medical attention if you have symptoms of a communicable disease.
Specific Communicable Diseases
- Keep alert to inclement weather conditions this Hurricane season.
The National Hurricane Center
- Be familiar with "MRSA" and stay safe with "Good Hygiene Practices".
- Know that the University of Houston Eye Institute provides affordable and comprehensive care of conditions involving vision. Please refer to their website for more information.