Information on Submitting Electronic Dissertations and Thesis Submission
Steps in the submission of Electronic
Prepare to Submit:
Note: Be sure all corrections are made to the document and that your signature page is completed.
Step 1: Convert your document to a PDF
- Do not convert your signature page to a PDF. It should not be uploaded to the ETD site.
- For assistance with this step, please review the video available for your use at: https://wikis.tdl.org/tdl/Vireo/Videos
Step 2: Upload your PDF to the Vireo system: https://etd.tdl.org/uh-etd/vireo
- For assistance with this step, also review the video available for your use at:https://wikis.tdl.org/tdl/Vireo/Videos
Step 3: Wait for confirmation from your faculty chair and college coordinator that your document has been accepted
Step 4: Submit your document to UMI/ProQuest at http://www.umi.com/en-US/products/dissertations/submittinggrad.shtml
Step 5: Complete the Survey or Earned Doctorates (SED)
- You may complete the hard-copy form given to you by the dissertation/thesis coordinator in your college, or
- Complete the electronic form by visiting the SED website at: https:\\sed.norc.org\survey
Step 6: Request a bound copy of your document
- Your college coordinator can help you with this step