GRADUATE TUITION FELLOWSHIP (GTF) ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Students will be prioritized by cohort, with students in newer cohorts being given GTF prior to those in later cohorts.
2. Within cohorts, international students will be prioritized for the receipt of GTF, which is associated with an In-State tuition waiver, based on their greater tuition expenses.
3. Students will be considered to be of a “newer” cohort if a special situation applies whereby they have not been allotted GTF in years’ past because of:
- non enrollment during a previous year or semester due to FML, illness, etc;
- grant or other external support that has historically covered the expense of the GTF waiver and not incurred such expenses to the university; or
- other like circumstances that have resulted in their not using GTF in prior years.
- Program Area Coordinator or mentor report of suitable progress through the program (prioritizing students with positive reviews);
- Employment through a departmental assistantship (once again linking assistantship assignments with GTF);
- Documented financial circumstances that would impact the ability to complete the program if GTF was not granted; and/or
- Equitable coverage of students with university funded GTF between the departments comprising doctoral programs.
While these are the requirements for the College of Education, the full Graduate Tuition Fellowship policy can be reviewed, HERE.