The following information is provided for international applicants to the University of Houston graduate programs. An applicant is considered international if they are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. UH is proud of its strong and growing community of students from around the world. Last year, UH graduate programs received applications from students representing more than 100 countries around the world.
- Transcript Information - Check here for more information on what materials are required for an official transcript from your previous international institution. Detailed information will be provided by country.
- English Language Proficiency - Information on English proficiency requirements, which must be met before entering a UH graduate program.
- Form I-20 Documents & Financials - These documents are not required until AFTER you are offered admission. If the aplication will not save without uploading them, you may use blank sheets as place holders since these are not part of the admission review process. Additional documnets will be required if you are claiming dependents or transferring a current I-20 to the University of Houston (see F-1 Visa Information).
- Copy of current passport (biometric page)
- UH Letter of Financial Backing
- Current bank statement(s)
- F-1 Visa Information - Overview of the F-1 process for applications (clicking this link will open a pdf document).
- F-1 Visa Transfer Form - This form should be used by students who currently hold an F-1 visa status at another U.S. institution and wish to transfer the SEVIS Form I-20 to the University of Houston Graduate School.