April 9, 2015
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
@ the UH Student Center
Join your fellow Coogs on Thursday, April 9th for a grand celebration at the new UH Student Center. There will be food, crafts, prizes and so many more activities at Philanthropy Awareness Day 2015!
Come out for the Grand Pig Drop – your #PiggieSmalls will be overflowing with loose change by April. Philanthropy Awareness Day is an opportunity for you to drop your pig and enter into a scholarship drawing!*
- Show us your knowledge and win a prize at the Trivia spin wheel! Follow Phil on Twitter and Instagram and like your class year on Facebook for facts about your university.
- Watch Coogs sing their favorite tunes and sing along with karaoke.
- Be featured in a ‘thank you’ video for alumni donors.
- Show your competitive spirit & beat other classes in Penny Wars.
Philanthropy Awareness Day is an event focused on celebrating contributions to the University of Houston.
Did you know?
- Alumni participation in giving is considered in university rankings, like those they publish in U.S. News and World Report? For alumni, just choosing to give is important.
- Schools with a high ranking hold a very prestigious and exclusive place among top universities across the country. As UH continues to move up in rankings, the campus attracts the best and brightest faculty, staff, programs and students.
- Alumni giving is a proud tradition at Tier One schools across the country, with other nationally competitive schools enjoying around 15%-18% of their alumni making an annual gift.
- Graduating seniors start this tradition during their last semester through the Cougar Graduation Challenge. For their generosity, they are awarded a Cougar Spirit Cord to wear at graduation.
- Alumni who give back every year earn special recognition through the HOUSTON Pacesetters or Rising Stars programs.
*A donation is not required for participating in the scholarship drawing.