Celebrate and Give Thanks at
Philanthropy Awareness Day
Thursday, April 7, 2016
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Student Center Plaza
Last year, funds from the state of Texas made up 17% of the UH budget, while student tution and fees covered another 42% of the total cost for a UH experience. This means that the remaining 41% of the UH experience was covered by private support. Private support are personal gifts by various channels including research grants, our alumni, faculty, staff, parents and friends.
On Thursday, April 7th, 2016, join us at the Student Center Plaza for Philanthropy Awareness Day, a day to show our appreciation to various donors for their philanthropic efforts and investments to UH. It's a time to celebrate and give thanks! We will have food, prizes and an opportunity for you to thank our donors for making an impact on your UH experience.
Philanthropy Awareness Day is an event focused on celebrating contributions to the University of Houston.
Did you know?
- 17,308 alumni made it a priority to support UH in the last year
- Alumni participation in giving is considered in university rankings, like those they publish in U.S. News and World Report For alumni, just choosing to give is important.
- Annual contributions ensure support for student scholarships, recruitment and retention of faculty, and classroom technology
- Graduating seniors start the tradition of giving during their last semester through the Cougar Graduation Challenge
- Annual contributions have a direct and immediate impact on UH students and programs beyond public funding