It is a participation challenge open to all graduating students. It’s a fast and fun opportunity that only soon-to-be UH grads get: A head start on UH's oldest and proudest tradition of giving as a soon-to-be proud UH alum.
Each semester, graduating Coogs get together to achieve a participation goal through at least one of the following philanthropy projects: The Cougar Spirit Cord or The Grad Challenge Survey.
Last semester, nearly 30% of December 2013 grads took the Cougar Graduation Challenge.
Can May 2014 graduates do better than 30%? We know you will!
It takes just a few moments to be on your way to creating a big impact. Previous alumni did their share in helping you, now it’s your turn to give back. Every gift makes a difference! Participate today.
Alumni giving is a proud tradition across the country, with participation at Tier One schools around 15 – 18%. When YOU take the challenge as one way to celebrate your graduation, you can help UH to become nationally competitive in this way. Not only does Tier One mean a better image for UH and its proud alumni (YOU!), it also means better opportunities for current and future Coogs.
There are many ways UH alumni continue a relationship with UH and giving is one really important way to help make UH the best it can be. Cougars don’t settle for anything less than the best! Don’t miss your chance to take part in your first tradition as a soon-to-be UH alum.
5 reasons you should accept this challenge:
5. To demonstrate your thanks and recognize all the professors, staff, and memories that made you who you are today.
4. You can help next year's UH students get scholarships, helping them to graduate as proud Coogs , too!
3. Tuition, fees and state funding support only covers just 64% of the total cost to educate a student…your gift will have a positive, immediate impact on UH programs and future students.
2. To be a part of something BIG – our University of Houston – alumni giving makes a difference every day.
1. We’ve heard a lot of Tier One talk, but did you know your gift helps to boost UH rankings in U.S. News and World Report? Let’s get to the top!