Skip to main content

How to Apply for Work-Study

  • First, apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will be notified of your award via e-mail.
  • Accept or decline your financial aid award(s) online at myUH (PeopleSoft) .
  • Attend a College Work-Study Workshop to learn about finding a college work-study job. Check schedule
  • Search and apply for work-study job postings online . You MUST be a fully admitted and enrolled degree-seeking student to use the UCS web site for federal work-study positions.
  • If you're a new hire, make sure that you have been offered a work-study position and have verbally accepted the position with the employer.
  • If you're a returning work-study student, your employer MUST post the position online, AND you MUST reapply to be formally rehired for the position.
  • Get employment authorization:
    • Obtain a Hiring Confirmation Form from your employer.
    • Submit the Hiring Confirmation Form to UCS, and get your authorization form for hire or rehire.
    • Complete your authorization paperwork at UCS. Walk-in hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-Noon and 2-4 p.m. For more information, contact UCS at 713-743-5100 or visit