General Ledger Entries: review and approve all GL journal entries (deposits, reallocations, fund equity transfers, corrections, adjustments, electronic funds transfers, and state warrants), Service Center Voucher entries, post quarterly service charges, manage end of month processing, and provide training and assistance to departments in journal processing.
Reconciliation of interfund equity transfers, prior period liability balances, and other areas that require research.
Provide in person and online training for: cash handling, credit card accounting, and journal entry.
Review and audit Departmental Change and Petty Cash Funds.
Prepare and remit payments for State and Local Sales Taxes, State and Local Hotel Occupancy Taxes, and Barnes and Noble payments.
Provide training for and review of departmental Annual Resale Inventory reporting.
Accounts Receivable reporting is reviewed to ensure receivables are reported according to university’s policies and procedures, and to improve the accounts receivable management as outlined by the State Auditor’s Office. By understanding the policies and procedures, and by incorporating good business practices, university employees who monitor and maintain receivables will avoid undue delays and errors.
• Personnel working with receivables should review and be familiar with:
– The UH System Administration Memorandum (SAM) 03.A.24
– The UH Manual of Administrative Policy and Procedure (MAPP) 05.04.04
These can be found on the UH home page www.uh.edu/policyservices/mapp and www.uh.edu/policyservices/sam
• Accounts Receivable reporting to be reviewed pertains to account codes: 12100, 12101, 12102, 12103, and 12104.
• Accounts receivable related to account code 12101- Returned Checks, will send the following information on the NSF Check:
– Name of the check-writer
– Check number
– Check date
– Check amount
– Check purpose
– PeopleSoft ID, if check is written by a student or employee
• When requested, General Accounting can provide training for annual departmental Accounts Receivable.