When preparing videos to be uploaded to YouTube, there are some steps for instructors to follow.
- Save the video file in a format that is acceptable to YouTube. The following link lists the acceptable formats for the YouTube file. However, it is preferable to save videos as MP4.
- Ensure your upload follows University of Houston copyright policies and guidelines. If instructors have questions, please visit UH information technology policies and guidelines site to find out more information.
- For accessibility purposes, it is always a good idea to have a transcript prepared or you can use the innate YouTube cc (captioning) function.
- Obtain a media release on file from the student(s) if a video show students. This media release allows instructors to post their videos for others to view.
- Please contact the FDIS office at email@example.com or 832-842-2147 to make arrangements for having your videos uploaded to the University of Houston YouTube site if your video is over 15 minutes long.