Collaborate has the web conferencing, instant messaging, whiteboard, and voice authoring capabilities that provide students' collaboration, interaction, and engagement. The following instructional strategies are used by UH instructors.
- Give a live lecture. The live lecture can be recorded and archived. The archived lecture can be used for the review or for students who are absent.
- Use the Whiteboard for students to engage in brainstorming activities.
- Have the multiple breakout rooms for students to engage the group discussion.
- Conduct virtual meetings or office hours. The instructor can meet one-on-on or with groups of students.
- Invite remote guest speakers. The instructor can create more engaging learning environment for inviting the experts to the class.
- Deliver asynchronous course content. Instructors can record course orientation, welcome, or problem-solving session.
- Give oral examinations and/or use the virtual space for foreign language classes.