Initial Registration to access Online Scheduler:
1. How do I register to take an exam?
- If you do not have an account with CASA, then you will need to go to the CASA website at http://www.casa.uh.edu/ and register to obtain your Log-in ID. For Password, click on “NEW USERS: Click here to register”.
- You will be using the CASA Online Scheduler to make your exam reservations at the Academic Testing Labs.
- No, if you have registered in the past, then you have an account. You do not have to re-register after every semester.
- Any student who is required to take an exam at the Academic Testing Labs must register with CASA prior to their exam day.
Online Scheduler Log-In Issues:1. Forgot your Log-in ID for the Online Scheduler?
- If you have already registered with CASA, you can retrieve your log-in ID by going to the CASA website at http://www.casa.uh.edu/ and click on “Login ID Reminder”.
- If you have already registered with CASA, visit the CASA website at http://www.casa.uh.edu/ and click on “Reset Password”. You should instantly receive your new password to the email address that you used to register with CASA.
- Email Tech support at CourseWare@uh.edu with your full name and PeopleSoft ID or visit the CASA front desk for assistance.
How to Make a Reservation for an Exam at the Academic Testing Labs?
1. How to make a reservation using the Online Scheduler?
- Once you log-in to your Courseware account at http://www.casa.uh.edu/,click on the course for which you want to schedule a test, click on “ProctoredExams” and select a date and time.
- You will need to pay attention to which ATL lab location your exam will be administered at. It will indicate either Agnes Arnold Hall or Classroom and Business Building.
2. When can I make a reservation for a test?
- You will have about two weeks before the exam during which you can make your reservation. Log-in to your Courseware account at http://www.casa.uh.edu, click on “Proctored exam”, select an exam and check to see when the system allows you to schedule for your test.
3. How do I know which location my exam will be administered at?
- At the time of scheduling, you will be notified which ATL lab location your exam will be administered at. It will indicate either Agnes Arnold Hall or Classroom and Business Building.
Rescheduling and/or Missed Exams:1. Can I reschedule my test?
- Yes, you will be able to reschedule a test the same way as scheduling a test; depending upon the availability of seats until the last day of the test.
- The latest date/time to make a reservation for any exam is the date/time before the actual exam date/time. However, it is highly recommended that all students make theirexam reservation as soon as the online scheduler is available in order to avoid the peak time, and to maximize your chance of getting the reservation time that best fits your schedule.
- It is a student’s responsibility to make sure that he/she scheduled correctly. After choosing the date and time for your exam, you should be able to see the message: “You have successfully scheduled for…”. Check back at the Proctored Exams tab to verify. Any unscheduled exam will not be taken. There is no exception to this policy.
- If you missed your exam for any reason, it is your responsibility to check the online scheduler for another available testing time. The ATL staff WILL NOT be able to assist you with rescheduling your missed exam.
- If you are unable to make a reservation, then you will need to contact your Instructor. Do not contact the ATL.
- You will need to contact your instructor. Students who miss their scheduled time or failto schedule for an exam will be subject to the policy of their instructor.
Exam Day:1. What am I required to bring to the testing lab on my exam day?
- Students will need to bring their red UH CougarCard in order to check in at the frontdesk.
- Students are not to bring large oversize bags or multiple bags which will not fit in the storage cubicles.
- Check – in will begin 15 minutes prior to your reservation time until 10 minutes after the reservation time based on the wall clock at the front desk of the ATL.
- Students who arrive more than 10 minutes after their reservation time will have to make a new reservation in the ATL.
- Students must take their reservation time that they signed up for. If you are unable to schedule a reservation due to personal conflicts then contact your Instructor. Do not contact the ATL.
- ATL staff does not have access to assist students with grade issues. You will need to contact your Instructor after checking out of the lab.
Blackboard Log-in Questions:1. What Log-in do I use to access my exam?
- If your course is in Blackboard Vista, you will need to know your seven digit PeopleSoftID (e.g., 0123456) and password. Make sure that you are able to access your course through this link: http://www.uh.edu/blackboard
- If your course is in Blackboard Learn, you will need to know your CougarNet ID (e.g., jsmith123) and password. Make sure that you are able to access your course through this link: https://elearning.uh.edu
2. I usually access my Blackboard course through https://accessuh.uh.edu, will I be able to use access to take my exam in the testing lab?
- No. Due to exam settings, you will not be able to take your exam through https://accessuh.uh.edu. You will need to be able to access your exam using the following direct Blackboard site: http://www.uh.edu/blackboard