HVAC/Mechanical provides remote monitoring & control of temperature conditions in campus buildings, trouble shooting operating problems, and optimizing operations for energy management. Following is a summary of equipment/systems maintained and tasks performed:
- Remote monitoring and control of space temperatures in buildings.
- Respond to building occupant hot and cold call problem service requests.
- Trouble-shoot operations problems of HVAC systems.
- Ensure reliable operation of all VAV boxes, damper motors, relays, control valves, thermostats, and other associated control systems accessories in the building.
- Identify and implement energy conservation projects.
- Conduct in-house and retro-commissioning of existing buildings to optimize building HVAC systems for energy management and occupant comfort.
- Monitor and maintain campus auxiliary utility metering.
- Operate and maintain building air compressors used for control systems and lab air.