Mechanical Maintenance group ensures reliable operation of air-conditioning and heating equipment and maintain indoor air quality for occupant comfort. Following is a summary of equipment/systems maintained and tasks performed:
- Ensure reliable operation of utility distribution tunnel piping, pumps, and fans.
- Maintain building steam stations, steam traps, steam and condensate expansion joints.
- Maintain condensate tanks and pumps.
- Operate and maintain building chillers, chilled water and hot water pumps, and steam heat-exchangers.
- Operate and maintain direct expansion air-conditioning and heating system.
- Operate and maintain fan-coil units, central-station, packaged, and rooftop air handling units including coil cleaning, and filter replacement.
- Preventive Maintenance Program on all campus HVAC building systems, mechanical systems and fume hood exhaust and supply air systems.
- Sheet metal ductwork repairs and fabrication.
- Insulation repairs and replacement.
- Process chilled water systems
- Building de-ionized (DI) water systems (using service contractor)
- Lab fume hoods with associated exhaust fan systems and control systems