Fire Log


Date and Time Location Cause
01/14/2012    Houston Science Center A/C Fan Motor burned out and filled the corridor with smoke.
01/14/2012    M.D. Anderson Library Trash can fire caused by improperly discarded cigarette
02/29/2012 PGH Electrical circuit board shorted out causing some smoke damage
03/02/2012 CEMO Failure of circuit breaker caused overload of wiring in AHU
03/19/2012 University Center Plastic bin caught fire due to excessive heat from cooked materials
11/19/2012 Keeland Design Center Sawdust ventilation unit caught fire due to spark from blades
12/4/2012 Bates Dormitory Hall A/C Motor shorted out causing smoke to fill the building. No visible flames
12/4/2012 Keeland Design Center Material caught fire inside laser cutter causing damage to the cutter
5/31/2013 Cougar Village Dorms Items left on the stove caught fire causing the fire sprinkler system to activate. Water and Fire damage occurred. No injuries occurred.

7/17/2013

Calhoun Lofts Resident moving into the building left cardboard boxes on stove and accidently turned stove on igniting the boxes. Fire/Water/Smoke damage occurred. No injuries.

8/29/2013

19D Parking Lot                                  Vehicle fire no damage to UH property
9/19/2013 Hilton Hotel                                         Faulty starter in elevator control unit shorted out causing a fire.
10/9/2013 Cullen Oaks Apartments                Lint build up in dryer vent booster vent fan caught fire.
2/1/2014 Calhoun Lofts AHU motor overheated and filled corridor with smoke.
1/29/2014 South Park Annex Sawdust build up caught fire no damage to UH property
2/1/2014 Calhoun Lofts AHU fan motor burned up and filled the hall with smoke
4/14/2014 ERP Building 7 Electricians working on a panel caused and Arc-Flash Fire. Injuries sustained to workers and property damage occurred.
4/25/2014 15B Parking Lot Vehicle Fire with no damage to UH property
5/22/2014 University Center Power surge burned electrical surge protectors
6/23/2014 Campus Rec and Wellness Dryer lint caught fire and self-extinguished
7/10/2014 Cullen Oaks Driveway Vehicle fire due to accident that occurred off  campus
8/21/2014 College of Social Work Elevator motor burned up
11/7/2014 Moody Towers Unknown person or persons lit a paper name tag name tag on fire on residential door.
3/7/2015 Bayou Oaks Microwave caught fire extinguished with portable fire extinguisher. No damage except to the microwave.
5/16/2015 Moody Towers AHU caught fire when HVAC Shop neglected to set a fire watch after hot work was performed.
7/10/2015 Athletic Alumni Warm Sterno can placed in trash can. Fire confined to trash can, no damage to building or other contents
7/10/2015 M.D. Anderson Library Electrical outlet shorted out due to heavy electric load from floor buffer.
9/19/2015 Architecture Loading Dock Vehicle Fire no damage to UH property
9/19/2015 Architecture Chiller motor overheated and produced smoke
11/3/2015 Cambridge Oaks Apts Unattended cooking caused small grease fire.
2/4/2016 Cambridge Oaks Apts Smoldering trash can on patio caused by smoker's carelessness.
2/12/2016 Calhoun Lofts Fire in toaster oven- self-extinguished
3/1/2016 Moody Towers - Fresh Food Company Cleaning rags left under gas-fired griddle caught fire- extinguished with a portable fire extinguisher