The Research Committee shall consist of the following members: (a) two representatives from each department of the College, both of whom are either tenured/tenure-track, or, members of the research Faculty who have active, funded research, chosen by the Faculty of the departments; and (b) Dean or dean's designee, ex-officio.
The College Research Committee shall be responsible to the Faculty of the College for:
- recommending policies that encourage and support research;
- recommending the designation, distribution, and disbursement of available funds to facilitate research in the COE;
- generating, recommending, reviewing, and disseminating university and college policies affecting research to include: evaluating proposals for COE research opportunities and Faculty release opportunities, and recommending recipients for Faculty research excellence awards;
- advising the Dean’s office regarding research issues, external funding opportunities, policies, and procedures related to and affecting research;
- providing input and advice to administration regarding promotional materials and publicity of research activities; and
- promoting awareness of COE Faculty research.