For detailed application information, please visit UH College of Education Graduate Admissions.
Department of Curriculum and Instruction Admissions Deadline:
- The annual application deadline for the Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction is May 1 for domestic applicants and April 15 for international students. All application requirements must be submitted by the deadline.
- Students who are accepted to the program will begin in the fall semester (August).
- All official transcripts from both undergraduate and graduate work. A preferred minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale in upper division undergraduate coursework and graduate coursework
- Official GRE scores taken within the last 5 year
- Three letters of recommendation from professionals attesting to the student’s suitability for doctoral level study with specific references to pertinent competencies, aptitudes, and experiences
- One-page (minimum) statement of professional intent/career objective
- A complete curriculum vita
- Please visit the Graduate Admissions link at the top of this page for a complete list of application materials
- The admissions committee begins reviewing applications the first week of February (phase 1).
- Applicants invited to Interview Day as part of phase 2 of the admission process are notified by the third week of February.
- Interview Day occurs the first week in March and consists of an interview with Ph.D. program faculty and a writing sample.
- Applicants are notified of acceptance by the end of March.