For detailed application information, please visit UH College of Education Graduate Admissions.
Department of Curriculum and Instruction Admissions Deadline:
- The annual application deadline for the Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction is on February 1st for Domestic applicants and December 15 for International students. All application requirements must be submitted by the deadline.
- Students who are accepted to the program will begin in the Fall semester (August).
- Fall 2017 applications will open on August 1.
- All official transcripts from both undergraduate and graduate work. A preferred minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale in upper division undergraduate coursework and graduate coursework
- Official GRE scores taken within the last 5 year
- Three letters of recommendation from professionals attesting to the student’s suitability for doctoral level study with specific references to pertinent competencies, aptitudes, and experiences
- One-page (minimum) statement of professional intent/career objective
- A complete curriculum vita
- Please visit the Graduate Admissions link at the top of this page for a complete list of application materials
- The admissions committee begins reviewing applications the first week of February (phase 1).
- Applicants invited to Interview Day as part of phase 2 of the admission process are notified by the third week of February.
- Interview Day occurs the first week in March and consists of an interview with Ph.D. Program Faculty and a writing sample.
- Applicants are notified of acceptance by the end of March.