The College of Education offers graduate-level professional certificates through the University of Houston. Prospective applicants and current students are welcome to apply. International applicants are encouraged to review the Graduate School’s International Student Admissions page as well as the International F-1 Student Guide (PDF). International applicants must also submit proof of English Language Proficiency prior to applying. A application fee and the Graduate Records Examinations (GRE) are not required for a graduate-level professional certificate program. For additional departmental and/or program requirements, refer to the Professional Certificates page.
College Requirements and Deadlines
An applicant is responsible for ensuring that all required materials for the evaluation of admissions are received by the College before the program's deadline. If the application is not complete by the program's deadline, it will not be evaluated for the admissions.
- ApplyWeb Application
- Standardized Test Score (International Only)
- Statement of Intent
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Expedite the Process
- Request supporting documents, such as transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation as soon as possible. They may take longer to receive than expected.
- Send original copies of official transcripts (or test scores) to the University of Houston's Graduate School. Do not send official transcripts (or test scores) to the College of Education.
- Apply and complete your application well in advance of the application deadline. The ApplyWeb application will be available to prospect on June 1st for Spring/Summer Admissions and August 1st for Fall admissions.
A decision cannot be rendered until all the required application materials have been submitted. You will receive written notification that your file is complete upon receipt of all required documentation. During the admission process, you will have the opportunity to check your admission status online through ApplyWeb. If you are offered admission to the University of Houston's College of Education, you will receive an offer letter within ApplyWeb.