- An impressive 96% of students who finish the program pass the State TExES certification exam (2013).
- Because 94% of our graduated teachers stay in the Gulf Coast region starting in their first year, our alumni are a major force of local transformation.
- Our Graduate Online program is ranked number 1 in the nation by US News & World Report.
- With more American Education Research Association (AERA) fellows than any other Texas University, UH provides future teachers a strong foundation in research-based skills and knowledge.
- Over 40 years of robust school district partnerships through the Houston Area Teacher Center (HATC) with over 30 participating school districts.
- Nationally ranked #4 for Undergraduate Elementary Teacher Preparation Program, #5 for Undergraduate Secondary Teacher Education Program and #18 for graduate Elementary Teacher Preparation by the National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ) Teacher Prep Review.
- Our four-semester field experience plan includes almost 1,200 field hours and a full-year of student teaching.
The University of Houston’s College of Education is committed to continuous assessment and improvement of our Teacher Education program. The data below provides a snapshot of our Teacher Education student and graduate data.
- UH Teacher Preparation Program Finishers
- UH Teachers Produced by Academic Year
- UH TExES Exam Pass Rates
- Texas Education Agency (TEA) Principal Survey
- District Employment of UH-prepared Teachers in Top 10 Districts
- UH Teaching and Learning Graduates Employment, Enrollment, and Earnings
- UH Average Cost of Attendance
- UH Three Year Loan Default Rate Compared to Texas University Peers
- Data Sources and Definitions
Texas Education Agency
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) posts Consumer Information about Educator Preparation Programs to assist individuals interested in obtaining a teaching certificate in order to select the educator preparation program that best meets their needs. This information is also useful for school districts planning their staffing and recruitment activities.