"Honoring those who exemplify the Division's commitment to Supporting Student Success."
2019 DSAES Awards
Nominations Due: March 29, 2019 by 5:00 PM
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services Awards program is designed to honor staff members (individually or as a group in some cases) who exemplify the Division's commitment to service. The awards recognize the ongoing contributions to excellence that members of the UH community put forth each day in two ways: the Golden Paw Employee of the Month and at our Annual Awards Banquet held each May.
Annual Awards Banquet
Any member of the UH community can nominate an individual or a group of individuals who embodies the message of an award. Be sure to look at the criteria for this year's awards before nominating. All nominees should reflect the overall mission and vision of the Division while making an outstanding contribution to our collective goals. Along with recognizing work on committees, projects and task forces, those who excel in day-to-day job expectations are also eligible as nominees for any of the DSAES Awards.
Selection Committee and Nomination Tips
The DSAES Awards Selection Committee is comprised of: Faculty Senate Representative, Staff Council Representative, Student Government Association Representative, Human Resources Representatives, and Dan Maxwell (Facilitator)
Some tips for completing nominations for the DSAES Awards include:
- Each nomination will require one completed nomination from individuals other than the nominee.
- The Division Professional Awards of Excellence will require a completed nomination form and two supporting letters.
- Nomination information provided will go to the selection committee for review.
- Anyone (students, faculty, staff, etc.) can nominate/support individuals/groups for any of the DSAES Awards.
- If you wish to nominate the same individual or group for more than one award, you will need to complete separate nominations for each award.
- An individual or group can only win one award per year.
- An award winner in a particular award category is not eligible to be nominated for the same award the next year; but an individual or group can be nominated in another award category if they meet the criteria.
- All nominees will be notified of their nomination and expected to attend the DSAES Awards Program and Luncheon.
Congratulations to the 2019 DSAES Awards Recipients:
- Cougar Spirit Award
Sharon Pesquera, Student Housing & Residential Life
- Diversity & Inclusion Award
Jamie Gonzales, LGBTQ Resource Center
DSAES Outstanding Committee Contribution Award
Pam Ogden, Integrated Enrollment Services
Excellence in Programming Award
Jacqueline Walker and Tara Monson Tran, Integrated Enrollment Services
Friend of the Division
Chris McDonald, Environmental Health & Life Safety
Graduate Assistant Award of Excellence
Riley Spenningsby, Campus Recreation
Chandra Gonzalez, Scholarships & Financial Aid
Outstanding Administrative Assistant/Support Staff Award of Excellence
Rosalba (Rose) Sanchez, Center for Student Involvement
Outstanding Assessment Award
Megan Akogyeram, University Career Services
Outstanding Marketing & Communication Award
Dr. Patrick Lukingbeal, UH Wellness
Outstanding New Professional Award of Excellence
Jacqueline Walker, Integrated Enrollment Services
Outstanding Professional Award of Excellence
Dr. Tina Powellson, Center for Student Involvement
Rising Star Award of Excellence
Kimberly Chairez, Admissions
Student Employee of Excellence
Gabrielle (Gabby) Cabangon, Admissions
Student Leader Award of Excellence
Ruth Akorikin, Metropolitan Volunteer Program
Student Success Award
Lin Crowson, Amy Fitzjarrald, and Stephanie Hignojos, Student Housing and Residential Life
Diversity and Inclusion Liaison Program, Center for Diversity and Inclusion and Center for Student Involvement
The Ambassador Award
Jason Bergeron, Center for Fraternity and Sorority Life
Tier One Customer Service – Department Award
Frank Gomez, Luis Alaniz, Elizabeth Berry, Dee Darrett, Tangelia Gay, Edgar Reed III, Yoana Roman, Sharon Spiller, Moises Villalpando, James Watkins, Scholarships & Financial Aid
Tier One Customer Service – Individual Award
Kathy Waller, Student Health Center
Outstanding Service as a DSAES Committee Chair
Tina Powellson, Professional Development Committee
Eve Esch, Assessment Committee
Jamie Gonzales, Marketing and Communications Committee
Caitlin Deis, Marketing and Communications Committee
Reuben Parrish, Development Committee